Celebrating 100 Years of Excellence
St. Clair CC Clubhouse - 1920
Built in 1920 for $65,000, the original clubhouse served the membership for less than 10 years. The clubhouse was destroyed by a kitchen fire in 1929.
Signature Keystone Green - 1929
The Keystone Green was the signature hole of the original golf course. Pictured in the background is the original clubhouse, superintendent's house and equipment barn. The Keystone Green played as #16 in the 1920's and later became hole #7 in the 1930's.
1st Shovel of Dirt For New Clubhouse - 1930
Construction begins on the new clubhouse after the fire of 1929. The first shovel of dirt is removed and construction is underway. The new clubhouse was completed in September of 1930
9th Green and Clubhouse - 1939
The clubhouse and number 9 green in 1939. This same view today would be of number 2 green on the Terrace Nine.
Aerial of St. Clair CC - 1939
An aerial photograph of St. Clair Country Club and the surrounding areas in 1939. The Keystone Green is pictured in the lower left-hand side of the photo.
Social Activities Flourish - 1940's
Social activities flourish in the 1940's. Pictured here in the men's locker room enjoying refreshments after golf is Jack Nicklas, Ray Talor, Perry Swanson, Howard Harpster, and Tom Caman.
The Kava Bowl - 1955
The Kava Bowl is the center of attraction in 1955. The outdoor patio was transformed into a colorful Hawaiian terrace while the Luau table is being prepared in the dining room.
Comradery and Fellowship - 1966
Comradery and fellowship is the hallmark of St. Clair Country Club. The Member/Member golf event embodies this spirit better than any other event at the Club. Pictured here in 1966 from left to right; Don Brown, Dominic Palombo, Harry Gardner and Perry Dick.
The Club Pool - 1972
The original pool (pictured here) was built in 1956 and was located at the putting green just outside the present day Golf Shop. Structural problems became severe in the late 1960's. A new pool and associated bath house and snack bar were constructed and opened in 1975.
Crossroads Room - 1980
The Room that Almost Wasn't - Approval for the construction project to build the Crossroads Room passed by only three votes. At the last moment, the card players were asked to come up stairs to vote in favor of the project. Without them the vote would have failed. Construction was completed in 1980 and for the next 20 years the Crossroads was the most popular dining room in the Club.
St. Clair's New Golf Shop - 1999
St. Clair's new Golf Shop facility begins to take shape in this mid-January 1999 Photo. The golf bag storage area and the teaching/hitting center are already under roof, while the golf shop merchandise area is ready for roof trusses to be put in place.
Clubhouse Groundbreaking - 2001
A clubhouse ground breaking ceremony was held on April 4, 2001. The clubhouse improvement project was an exciting step forward for St. Clair Country Club. A new fitness center, ladies and men's locker rooms, dining room and bar area were part of the clubhouse expansion.
Terrace Dining Room - 2002
A focal point of the 2002 renovation was the new dining spaces on the main floor of the clubhouse. The membership had outgrown the Crossroads Room and needed to expand the casual dining areas of the Club. The Terrace Dining Room served the membership from 2002 through 2013.
Course Renovation - mid 2000s
The golf course renovation of the mid 2000's elevated the golf course to new heights. Reshaping greens and fairways, lined bunkers that fit more naturally with the surroundings and a state of the art irrigations system all contributed to the success of the project.
Rave Reviews - 2014
In 2013 St. Clair embarked on a project to re-balance the dining spaces within the clubhouse. An appropriate amount of space is now dedicated to formal and casual dining areas with the focal point being the new Terrace Lounge. The dining spaces opened in the spring of 2014 to rave reviews.